Mohannad Bisharat, MD, FACC, an endovascular and interventional cardiologist. As a cardiologist, Dr. Bisharat works with patients who have a variety of cardiac-related conditions such as coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, peripheral vascular disease and other complex cardiac conditions. His areas of specialty include interventional cardiology, peripheral artery disease and minimally invasive vein ablation therapy.
Dr. Bisharat has more than 6 years of experience in performing minimally invasive procedures to treat cardiovascular diseases. Relocating from Texas, he was the Director of the Department of Cardio-Pulmonary Services and the Chief of Staff at Pampa Regional Medical Center. There he established a state-of-the-art 24/7 catheterization lab utilizing the most up-to-date techniques and technology in coronary and peripheral intervention, garnering Doctor of the Year for his efforts. His career has taken him to Virginia as Assistant Professor to the Department of Internal medicine, Discipline of Cardiology, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) and West Virginia as the Director of the Interventional Cardiology Program and Chest Pain Center at Bluefield Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Bisharat’s training includes a fellowship in interventional cardiology and vascular diseases at Tulane University Medical Center, a comprehensive ACGME accredited program of Coronary and Peripheral Intervention at Tulane University Heart and Vascular Institute and the Louisiana State University Heart Center in New Orleans, LA, preceded by cardiovascular fellowship and internal medicine residency at St. Michael’s Medical Center, a program of Seaton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences in Newark, New Jersey.
He is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology; and holds an additional certification in nuclear cardiology.
Education and Training
Tulane University (2012)
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences (2011)
Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship
Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences (2008)
Residency, Internal Medicine
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine (2003)
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Interventional Cardiology
- 2018 – Florida State Medical Board
- 2015 – Texas State Medical Board
- 2014 – Virginia State Medical Board
- 2012 – West Virginia State Medical Board
- 2011 – Louisiana State Medical Board
Academic Honors and Awards
- “Doctor of the Year” award recognition by Pampa News, 2016
- Received highest scores amongst peers during internal medicine in-service boards
- Annual ACP Doctor’s Dilemma® Competition Finalist for the State of NJ, 2006
- Department of Medicine representative on various hospital committees
- Awarded “Graduation with Honors” for Academic Excellence and “Best Student” Award
- Honored with an award for securing highest scores during MBBS (Medical School Diploma)
- Honored with distinction in Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine, Otolaryngology and Pathology
- Honored in Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology and Pharmacology
English, Arabic, Spanish