Rami Heart, DO, FACOI
Dr. Rami Heart is a native of the sunshine state, having grown up and attended school in Tampa Bay.
After Dr. Heart attended the University of South Florida for undergraduate education where he majored in Chemistry with an emphasis in Biochemistry . He then went on attended Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Ft. Lauderdale where he graduated with honors and in the Top 10. Upon graduation, Dr. Heart went on to complete an internal medicine residency at Suncoast Hospital (now Largo Medical Center).
He then continued training in Detroit, Michigan for three years where he completed his cardiology fellowship. He returned to his home town to complete his interventional cardiology fellowship at Largo Medical Center.Dr. Heart is highly trained interventional cardiologist with immense training in advanced peripheral arterial disease, limb salvage, and endovascular repair.
He is board certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology and peripheral arterial interventions. He is fluent in English and Arabic.
On the weekends Dr. Heart enjoys spending time outdoors with friends and family. His hobbies include fishing, hunting, and other nature related activities.
Education and Training
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
Largo Medical Center
Internal Medicine Residency
Largo Medical Center/ Suncoast Hospital
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Electrocardiography Interpretation
- Ambulatory Monitoring
- Exercise Stress Testing
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
- Heart failure
- Preventative Cardiovascular Medicine
- Cardiac/Coronary Interventional Procedures
- State of Michigan – 2017
- State of Florida – 2020
- Drug Enforcement Agency – 2023
- American Society of Echocardiography – 2024
Academic Honors and Awards
- Recipient of Morton Terry Award – Nova Southeastern University – 2009
- St John’s Health System Macomb/Oakland Resident Research Day
- VIVA – Vascular Interventional Advances Conference 2015