Many people don’t think of snoring as a sign of something potentially serious, and not everyone who has sleep apnea snores. But be sure to talk to your doctor if you experience loud snoring, especially snoring that’s punctuated by periods of silence – in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts – or if you find yourself chronically fatigued, sleepy and irritable.
Ashchi Heart and Vascular Center is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of adults suffering from sleep apnea. If you or a loved one has a chronic snoring problem, please contact us today at (904) 222-656 to schedule an evaluation with our accredited sleep specialist.
Continue reading to find out if you are a candidate for a sleep study.
If you answer yes to two or more of the questions listed below, you are a prime candidate for a sleep study evaluation and should speak with your doctor.
- Do you snore?
- Have you been told you stop breathing during sleep?
- Do you wake up gasping for breath?
- Do you have trouble with falling asleep at night?
- Have you been told you talk or walk in your sleep?
- Do you suffer from occasional bedwetting?
- Have you been told you act out your dreams?
- Do you have a history of hypertension (high blood pressure)?
- Do you feel tired even when you thought you had a good night sleep?
- Have you been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation or Congestive Heart Failure?
- Is your neck size greater than 17 inches (Male) or 16 inches (Female)?
- Do you have sensation of crawling feelings or discomfort in your legs when trying to sleep?
- Have you been told you often kick and move your legs during sleep?
- Do you find yourself falling asleep during work or school?
- Do you experience sudden weakness when laughing?
- Do you feel paralyzed when falling asleep or waking up?
- Do you awaken unrefreshed?
- Do you regularly require long naps during the day?
- Do you find yourself falling asleep while driving?
- Have you noticed behavioral difficulties at school?
- Do you suffer from teeth grinding during sleep?