Glazed Pork Kebab and Sesame Rice
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple
Get out there and fire up the grill for pork kabobs, a tasty alternative to chicken and beef. These skewers will make quite the impression, whether at your next barbecue or around the family dinner table.
Total Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2pounds pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce and vinegar.
- Heat broiler. Thread the pork, bell pepper, and scallions onto the skewers and place on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the hoisin mixture and broil, basting with the pan juices and turning twice, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the kebabs with the sesame seeds and serve with the rice.
Per serving: 478 calories; 8 g fat; 2 g sat fat; 41 g protein; 57 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 99 mg cholesterol; 5 mg iron; 593 mg sodium; 51 mg calcium