Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad
Recipe courtesy of Cupcakes & Kale Chips
A healthy combination of your favorite flavors that is perfect for a cool dinner or lunches all week. All whole grain and gluten free, and high protein and healthy-like, but it takes like barbecue and ranch and yum!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (previously prepared as per package instructions)
- 1 cup shredded cooked and cooled chicken
- 1/2 cup (about 2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes or halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, olive oil, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, dill, and barbecue sauce, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, chicken, and cheddar cheese.
- Add the barbecue ranch dressing and stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.