PREP: 20 MINS COOK: 1 HR, 15 MINS, CUTS INTO 10 SLICES
Have your cake and eat it with this low-fat, healthy banana loaf – perfect for breakfast and beyond.
- low-fat spread, for the tin, plus extra to serve
- 140g wholemeal flour
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g mashed banana from overripe black bananas
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 150ml pot low-fat natural yogurt
- 25g chopped pecan or walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 320 F. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment (allow it to come 2cm above the top of tin). Mix the flours, bicarb, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the bananas, syrup, eggs, and yogurt. Quickly stir into dry ingredients, then gently scrape into the tin and scatter with nuts, if using. Bake for 1 hr 10 mins-1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin on a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature, with low-fat spread.