You gotta have heart…artichoke hearts, that is. March 16th is National Artichoke Hearts Day and we are celebrating by posting this recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
Artichokes are healthy and a good source of antioxidants, vitamin C, folate and magnesium. High in fiber, calcium, and protein, they are also low in calories cholesterol-free.
When you need a snack that won’t weigh you or your guests down, try this hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip. It comes together about as quickly as it will disappear.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network
Total:15 min; Prep: 10 min; Cook: 5 min
Yield: 1 batch
- 1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tip: consider using the light version of the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise for a healthier dip.
Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft. Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.